Friday, October 17, 2008

Our day trip to Wyoming!

Casey and I wanted to spend our Saturday going to a cave by Bear Lake then go to our favorite hot spring in Idaho's Oneida Narrows. Then we found that the cave had closed for the winter so we started to drive and drive. We ended up in a Star Valley, WY! Casey remembered a periodic spring he once read about years ago. We went exploring... and found it. After we saw the spring gush, it started to pour and we walked the mile back to the car soaked to the bone. Don't worry we then drove to ID to our favorite hot spring spot. It was a 344 Mile adventure!



This first Picture of the River streaming from the spring. We followed this river through the canyon.












This is of the spring before it gushed!




This is a Movie of the Spring erupting.


I was expecting something like Old Faithful. I was a little disappointed. But Casey and his "Geology ways" was truly excited. While watching the spring I became more concerned about the sudden heavy rain and flash of lightening that happened over head. It was the BEST day together! We have so much fun!

5 comments:

Aloha_Misty said...

That is a cool spring! I am glad you started a blog so we can see what you are doing now!

joyce said...

Michele, I'm so glad you did this, it is great. I love that picture of you and Casey.

Karen Bell said...

I'm impressed that Casey can get you into the outdoors! I remember when you went caving with me and Caleb and you read Harry Potter the whole time. It sounds like you guys had fun!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Hey I didn't know you started one of these things!

Rebecca said...

Those are beautiful pictures! And I'm so excited you have a blog!!